Welcome to Flying Squirrel's Nut-House
(WARNING: This page does not prevent tooth decay. You should visit your dentist regularly.)
Greetings and thanks for stopping by my homepage. In real life my friends call me Jenn. Currently I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming where I work at CBS News Channel 5. Originally I am from Orlando, Florida where I majored in Broadcasting at the University of Central Florida.If you must learn more about me click here... NO, don't click there ...click here! The purpose of this page is... well, it has no purpose. You will find many meaningless links that deal with things I like. Maybe one day I'll post the movie script I've written. It's called The Incredible Adventures of the Karate Baseball Chimp. What an ORIGINAL idea!!! It's destined to be a classic! It's about time they make a movie about these things! Do you recognize sarcasm when you stumble into it? Seriously now... I do plan to post some creative writings and musings eventually. Enough chatter... ON WITH THE PAGE!!!(insert bugle fanfare here)
My Photo Gallery
Click here to see some pictures of me and various people and stuff.NEW PICTURES ADDED 11/2/98
Myths About Atheism
More coming soon!!! (as soon as I get off my lazy butt and type all this stuff up!) Links to my beliefs about religion, the world today, and other stuff that goes on in this twisted mind of mine.
COMING SOON! JENN'S PAGE OF THE BIZARRE
(my commentary on the unexplained as well as links to great sites dealing with the paranormal.)
A Good Book is a Good Friend
Here are some of my favorite authors...
- Drop in at the AFTERLife to experience the surreal world of Tom Robbins. The natives invite you to
"play on the mood swings, do a dervish on the tilt-a-whirl and practice Zen acrobatics on the monkey bars."
- "Keep passing the open windows." Ben has a great site dedicated to the great John Irving
- Visit here for the Kurt Vonnegut experience... just don't touch the Ice-9!
- For a taste of weird British humor, no one is as tasty as Douglas Adams. You'll just need to put this fish in your ear...(or you can just click on it)
Music... a window into the soul
Music is a very important part of my life. The role of music in our lives is fascinating. I would love to take some time to research this as well as how our music preferences help determine who we are. Here is a good sampling of some of my favorite artists. Maybe my true personality will be revealed...
- James- (the fist band that comes to mind when someone asks me what my favorite group is) a surperb English band with Tim Booth's amazing vocals, powerful music and lyrics, listening to James is a mystical experience
- Luna- beautiful, fluid music with offbeat lyrics (lines such as "it's no fun, it's no fun, reading fortune cookies to yourself"-from Hedgehog)
- The Dandy Warhols- psychedelic, electronic, synth, guitar, retro-rock from Portland, Oregon. The Dandy's just make you wanna jump around and play keyboards naked!
- Portishead- heartwrenching lyrics combined with eerie music and haunting vocals
- Pulp- another English band with dark lyrics, strong vocals (that remind me of a cross between David Bowie and Billy Idol), and catchy music
- The Pixies- the kings of the 80's underground movemet!
- They Might Be Giants- for when I'm in a silly mood, you can't beat TMBG for creativity!
You can find these bands at
GOOD Television ?!?!
There is such a thing as good TV...and I'm NOT talking about Melrose Place!
- M*A*S*H is definately the best television show EVER. Every episode reaches out and touches you somehow... you laugh, you cry...
- Visit the residents of Cicely, Alaska in this site for Northern Exposure, one of the most creative and philosophical shows in TV history.
- Of course, the channel I watch the most is Comedy Central. Hey, comedy keeps us sane!
- I also love cartoons...
- ...Your cartoon headquarters!
- SPOOOOOOOOOOOON! Drop in on the Tick. He's sure to be "hip deep in evil".
- You gotta love those insane Cartoon Planet characters!
- ... one of those zany cartoon shows produced by the ever creative Steven Spielberg.
- What are we gonna do tonight, Brain? Visit the Pinky and the Brain website of course!
Long Live Independent Film!
While in Florida I gained an appreciation for film as art by working for the Enzian Theater, home of the ever-growing FL Film Festival. Click on the Enzian logo to learn more about this amazing little art house, this year's festival, and previous festivals.
Miramax is doing its part to distribute great films that those of us who do not live in NY or LA may not get the chance to see otherwise. Drop by the Miramax Cafe to see what's on the menu.
And fot the in-your-face-lowdown, stop by Film Threat Online...Holywood's Indie Voice
Odds and Ends
Here are some sites that are worth visiting...
- Are you a child of the 80's like me? Check out the nostagia at this totally tubular 80's page devoted to our favorite cheesy decade.
- The Centre for the Easily Amused: My home away from home! A sure-fire cure for your boredom.
- Think you're smart? try out a MENSA sample test.
- Sound barricades itself into rolls of peanutbutter when you speak... If you find this flattering you may enjoy a visit to the Surrealist Compliment Generator.
- Follow this link to see nothing.
- Find out what happens when a bored professor experiments with Pop-Tarts.
- Hungry? Visit SOAR and find something great to make for dinner.
- Join the battle against the InDUHviduals at the Dilbert site.
- For an in-your-face look at what's REALLY happening in Orlando drop by .
Here are the pages of those crazy enough to be my friends.
Please sign my guestbook so I'll feel loved :).
.............mail me with your random musings.
Last messed with on 11/2/98. This page is best viewed with your eyes open!
This site is a part of the C*E*A web ring. Click here for more great sites and information!